These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Ugandan Health, the owner and operator of this Website. By continuing to use this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Ugandan Health and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Ugandan Health and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND ACCEPTABLE USE
- All Content included on the Website, including the logo and other visual media we create is Ugandan Health’s intellectual property and is protected by copyright laws except uploaded by users or indicated as content of our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, trademark, logo or service mark, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. The user must not use any content (as defined above) from our website without prior written permission from the owner (Ugandan Health).
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only; retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes and/or public use any Content either in part or as a whole without the written permission of Ugandan Health .
- The images and icons available on the Ugandan Health icon pack may be used by partners and third party sites in connection with providing appropriate links the Ugandan Health site as long as they are used in a manner that is consistent with Ugandan Health ’s requirements.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by Ugandan Health. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person;
- To communicate with Ugandan Health representatives or other users in an abusive or offensive manner;
- For any purpose (including posting or viewing Content) that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use the Services;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Communication designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Ugandan Health user;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL;
- To post copyrighted Content that does not belong to you without providing appropriate attribution to the copyright owner and a link to the source of the Content;
- With the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you agree not to use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- To advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any third party products or services, or to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
- To report a suspected abuse of the Site or a breach of the Terms please send written notice to Ugandan Health at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you when you subscribe to our mailing list or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when subscribing by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your subscription with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. Cancellation or suspension of your subscription does not affect any statutory rights.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Ugandan Health or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and users are responsible for reading and agreeing (or disagreeing) with the Terms and Conditions or Privacy Policies of these third parties.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE AND DISCLAIMERS
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Ugandan Health makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Ugandan Health is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Ugandan Health uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Ugandan Health accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Ugandan Health reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ugandan Health accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted according to Ugandan law. All disputes arising under these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Ugandan courts.